Hormone Replacement Therapy for Headaches in Cambridge, OH
Headaches have been experienced by almost everyone at some point in their lives and there are currently 150 different categories of headaches that vary in intensity, cause, and cure.
Here are just a few of the countless symptoms associated with some of the most common headache types:
- Mild pain, tightness, or pressure on both sides of the head with no specific pattern as to when it occurs.
- Intense throbbing, pounding, or pulsating on one side of the head that lasts up to 48 hours.
- Pain triggered by specific factors such as stress, disrupted sleep patterns, or even certain types of foods.
- Vision disturbances such as blind spots, blurred vision, eye pain, stars, or tunnel vision. These are called auras, and they can occur anywhere from a few minutes to an entire day before the actual headache hits.
- Severe pain behind one of the eyes that occurs at least twice a day for 30 to 90 minutes at a time. This is generally followed by redness in the eye, a runny nose, and congestion.
Headache symptoms can either lead to or coincide with a number of other conditions. Some of these include:
- Increased urination
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Trouble concentrating
- Sensitivity to light
Chronic headaches and migraines can both be the result of hormonal imbalance. Imbalanced hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, and cortisol can lead to painful headaches. In women, hormone-induced headaches are often a sign of menopause.
In addition to hormonal imbalance there are a number of other factors that can lead to headaches:
- Sinus pressure
- Muscle spasms
- Abnormal brain activity
- Unusual activity in the hypothalamus.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Micronutrient deficiencies
How are Headaches Treated?
Headaches caused by hormonal imbalance are treatable with bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, or BHRT. BHRT uses hormones that are biologically identical to those your body creates naturally.
This stands in contrast to conventional HRT, which uses synthetic hormones. Your doctor may prescribe hormones in the form of pills, pellets, gels or patches, all of which are safe and effective.
For non-hormonal chronic headaches, your doctor may recommend:
- Lifestyle changes
- Blood pressure or seizure medications
- Lidocaine injections
- Nausea medicines or sedatives for treating individual symptoms
Don't Live with Pain
Headaches can make everyday life a difficult slog. BHRT may provide the solution you need to rid yourself of migraines and other chronic headaches. Please call (740) 439-3515 or contact Medical Associates of Cambridge, Inc. online.
Medical Associates of Cambridge, Inc.
Address1515 Maple Drive
Cambridge, OH 43725
07:00AM - 06:00PM
Tue: 07:00AM - 06:00PM
Wed: 07:00AM - 06:00PM
Thu: 07:00AM - 06:00PM
Fri: 07:00AM - 06:00PM