Injectable D3 Therapy in Glendale, AZ
Although vitamin D is essential for our growth, development, and bodily repair, our bodies don't always produce as much as we need. If you are diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency, your healthcare provider may suggest a treatment of injectable D3 therapy, or calcitriol, which is the manmade form of vitamin D (or vitamin D3). This is a physician-administered dose of vitamin D3 that is injected directly into your bloodstream.
What is Injectable D3 Used For?
There are many reasons you or your loved one may be vitamin D deficienc, including the following:
- You're over age 50, and your kidneys are less efficient in processing vitamin D
- Obesity is limiting your liver's ability to process vitamin D
- Exposure to environmental toxins is limiting your liver's ability to process vitamin D
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Pancreatic disease
- Removal of the stomach
- Being a dark-skinned individual (which requires more D3)
- Being a breast-fed infant lacking sunlight exposure
- Overactive parathyroid glands with kidney failure
- A reliance on ACE inhibitors due to indigestion or acid reflux disease, resulting in poor vitamin processing
- Intestinal diseases such as inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis, diverticulosis, or diverticulitis.
Symptoms of D3 Deficiency
Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency may include the following:
- You feel depressed:Your serotonin levels—or your happy hormones—decrease with less sunlight exposure
- Your bones ache: Complaints of bone aches, often combined with fatigue, are the result of vitamin D deficiency; fibromyalgia complaints may point to lack of vitamin D
- Your head sweats: Heavy perspiration of the scalp is a classic sign of vitamin D deficiency
More extreme symptoms include:
- Liver and Kidney Disorders
You can request more information about injectable vitamin D3 today by calling (480) 771-9276 or contact Melody Gambrel online.
D'avoir Med Spa
Address8160 West Union Hills Dr
Ste A103 6
Glendale, AZ 85308
By Appointment Only
Tue: By Appointment Only
Wed: By Appointment Only
Thu: By Appointment Only
Fri: By Appointment Only