Hormonal Imbalance Treatment in Largo, FL
Many people unknowingly suffer from hormone imbalance. Imbalanced hormones can cause a host of medical problems and should be dealt with as soon as possible. If you think you may suffer from hormonal imbalance, please call (727) 826-0838 or contact us online to set up a consultation.
Types of Hormone Imbalance
Hormone imbalance is a general term that can refer to upset levels of any variety of your body's natural regulatory substances.
Hormones that are commonly imbalanced include:
- Estrogen, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics.
- Testosterone, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics.
- Melatonin, which regulates sleep.
- Ghrelin, which regulates hunger.
- Thyroid, which regulates calorie burn.
- Aldosterone, which regulates salt levels
- Cortisol, which regulates energy.
- Progesterone, which regulates pregnancy and menstruation.
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which regulates sexual function and can be converted by your body to other hormones.
These hormones control many of your body's natural functions. Hormone imbalance commonly affects more than one of these.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
With the variety of hormones that can suffer from imbalances, your symptoms can vary wildly. It's worth talking with a doctor about common symptoms you're feeling, such as exhaustion or weight gain; hormone imbalance can cause or be the result of many other conditions.
Some of the signs of hormone imbalance are:
- Estrogen: Weight gain, breast cancer, hot flashes, joint pain, migraines
- Testosterone: Decreased libido, male pattern baldness, irregular menses
- Melatonin: Lack of sleep, insomnia, depression
- Ghrelin: Excessive hunger, overeating
- Thyroid: Hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, anxiety, irregular heartbeat
- Aldosterone: High blood pressure
- Cortisol: Weight gain, excessive stress, high blood pressure
- Progesterone: Low libido, mood swings, cramps, acne, urinary tract infections
- DHEA: Adrenal fatigue, joint pain, frequent sickness, muscle loss
Since many people typically experience an imbalance of more than one hormone, you many experience any number of these symptoms as a result of imbalance.
Hormone Imbalance Treatment
Hormone imbalance is a complex medical issue. As such, a variety of options are available to treat or help. It's best to call (727) 826-0838 and set up a consultation, so you can find the best hormonal imbalance treatment for you.
Treatments for imbalanced hormones can include:
- Changes in lifestyle, such as increased exercise, healthier diet, better sleep and reduced stress.
- Vitamins & supplements, such as vitamin D, calcium, dandelion, melatonin, zinc and black cohosh.
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT), including Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), hormone creams, gels or pills.
BHRT represents a new, bold direction or hormone therapy that uses your body's natural hormones to create balance.
Hormonal imbalance can cause debilitating and even life-threatening problems. Take control of your hormones by calling (727) 826-0838 or reaching us online to schedule a consultation today.
Peaks of Health Metabolic Medical Center
Address1120 S Belcher Rd
Largo, FL 33771
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm